If you have come to the end of your mobile phone contract and are looking to renew then typically you probably start shopping around for a new handset right? Thats great if you want a new phone, but what if you want to save money or are happy with your existing phone, or have been declined a contract because of a poor credit rating? If any of the above apply to you then the answer to your problem could well be a Sim Only Contract.
Sim only contracts do not include a free phone thus they are cheaper. Also the contracts are more flexible, there is no tie in associated with most contracts because there is no free phone given. The tie in is usually to ensure you do not walk away with a free handset without paying for your contract over the full term, but if there is no phone then there is no money for the mobile company to recoup.
If you have bad credit then these deals can be ideal, again because there is no handset involved the company has less to lose if you fail to pay your bill on time.
Sim Deals Are Flexible, again because there is no free handset given out the terms of the contract are not designed around recovering that “giveaway” and you will not be locked in for long periods. Typicall sim only contracts are run over a one month contract period so you can pretty well cancel at any time only being liable for your next bill and nothign after that.
Drawbacks: there really arent any providing you have a phone already or can afford to buy one off line, either on a pay as you go basis or pre owned. Calls are the same price as you would normally pay and are considerably cheaper than a Pay As You Go phone.
How To Find One: As with any consumer electronics you should always check prices on a number of different sites or use a price comparison site. There are many different mobile phone comparison sites you can choose from but one which I recently used to find a sim only contract (mobilephonedeals.me) has some great advice on what to look for in relation to sim only, bad credit and other mobile deals.
Buying an Android phone can be quite a tough call. First of all, you have to arrange for the money, then you have to choose the handset which will be most beneficial to you. If you are not an expert in this matter, then you may have to face a lot of problems while buying your dream phone. So, it is better if you take the help of an Android buying guide. It will take you through the maze of the options, models and facilities and you will be able to find out a phone which will suit your budget, requirements and your personality. Here you will get a guideline which will help you in this matter.
- The first thing that you have to think about is the budget. Android phones are usually quite expensive and that is why if you cannot afford it, you should not be going this way. If you are student or if you do not earn too much, but if you still want an Android, you can go for a cheaper one or opt for one that comes in installments. This way, you can fulfill your dream.
- The next thing that you need to consider is the matter of choice. This is quite a quirky thing about an Android. When you are buying an iPhone, you will have some selected models that are offered by a single manufacturer. When, on the other hand, you are buying an Android phone you will have numerous options. All the reputed and reliable names are manufacturing Android phones and you can lose your way among the variety. So, you have to short list one or a few of the manufacturers for buying the cell phone.
- Android is an OS which is constantly evolving and that is why, one version which is the best in the market today, can be a tale of the old days. So, you should be buying one Android phone that can be upgraded quite easily. It will also be better. If you buy the latest version of the Android phone that is available in the market.
- You should be quite careful about the processor of the Android phone you are buying. If you are looking forward to buy cheaper version of the phone, then you must know that you will get the older processor and slower speed. If you opt for the latest versions, you will get better speed and better functions. So, you can choose among the two.
- The Android market is bulging with apps and everyday some new apps are getting added to the list. So, you must buy a phone that will allow you to use most of those apps. It I true that, a lot of the Android phones do not accept all the apps, but you can opt for one which accepts the most.
- While buying the Android phone you have to take care of the storage space. In most of the phones there is small space available, but if you want to have more space, then you have to buy a good quality micro SD card. Buy one that is from a reputable manufacturer.
Android phones are quite expensive and they are not hardy as the cell phones of the earlier generation. Apart from that, you depend on your phone for various important things in life, it contains some of the most unimportant files and contacts. So, if it gets harmed somehow, you will be in the soup, in many ways. So, you have to take good care of your phone. You cannot foresee any technical problems, but you can take care of it in various other ways. This is how you can ensure a long and healthy life for your precious Android phone.
There are many tips and many suggestions which you can use to keep your phone out of the harm’s way. You also have to think about the normal wear and tear. Here you will get to know about some of the most important tips which will help you to look after your Android and keep it healthy for long. The sentence seems as if it is talking about a living being, but you cannot deny the importance of the phone in your life and that is why you have to be more careful. The tips which will help you in this matter are as follows,
- First of all you have to arrange for a cover and screen protector for your Android. If you want, you can use skins too. These accessories will take care of the normal wear and tear. The case will protect the phone from the bumps and falls. The screen protector will protect the screen form the scratches. The skin will also protect the phone from the scratches. There are various types of cases available in the market, form leather or silicon. If you have the money, then go for the silicon case, it will protect your phone completely.
- Next thing that you have to think about is the apps that you are using. There are millions of apps in the market, but not all of them are suitable for your Android. They are made to fit different models of the phone. So, make sure that you do not have any app which is not for your phone. This way, you will get to save memory and keep your phone safe.
- Your Android phone is quite vulnerable when it comes to the malwares and spywares. So, make sure that you have a powerful and effective anti-virus program in your phone. This will make your phone a lot safer than you can imagine. You can opt for the free anti-viruses, but it will be better to go for the paid versions of these programs. You will get more facilities and better security.
- You must clean the memory of the Android phone at least once a week. If you think that is too much, then do it once a month. It will save you unnecessary problems.
- Taking care of the battery is also very important. Keep the brightness of the display to minimum, this way you will get to save battery life more. This will ultimately result in better life for your phone.
Android phones have become a craze in the world of cell phones, and the biggest reason behind that is, the facilities and the functions that they offer. There are many things that you can do with your Android phone. If you have just bought one and are trying to do things that your friends do, but are not succeeding, then you have to know a few things first. The most important thing is the apps. Your friends are doing thing because they have the apps installed in their phones already. When you have got the apps and installed them, you will be able to do them too.
The things to do
There are many things that you can do with your new Android phone, provided you have got all the required apps. You will get to know about a few for them here, because it is not possible to explain the multiple usages of the Android in this small space. If you are disappointed about it, then cheer up, you will get to know about your phone by exploring it. It is far more exciting an option to know your phone this way, but you will need a basic idea and you will get that here.
- Any smartphone is known for the multitasking faculties. An Android phone provides you the very best of this facility. It allows you to open and run multiple applications all at a time. So, if you need to know the situation of the stock market while working on an email or if you need to listen to some music when you are browsing for some important information or you cannot remember the name of the artist who has sung the song you are listening to, you can open the applications and do what you want. It is indeed bliss for the people using Android phone.
- If you have gained extra weight recently and want to lose that poundage, then your Android phone can help you a lot. If you are thinking how that will be possible, then download some of the apps that are available. These apps will control your diet, provide you cool tips of exercise and it will also help you to measure the calorie of the food items you are eating.
- Keeping in touch with the world is very important these days and you can easily achieve that with your phone. If somehow you are not getting proper speed or proper connection, you can easily use the PDA-Net and it will allow you internet connection through the cell phone tower of the service provider you are under at that point of time.
- You can play games as much as you want. You won’t have pay extra money or browse through the internet for a nice game. You can download them and play them.
- Opening the PDF files, reading one, working on the MS office files and editing photos will also become a lot easier.
- If you love to shop, then you can check the products in your phone.
- You can get weather report, maps and GPS system to guide you through the unfamiliar areas.
All in all, you are going to get some of the coolest facilities with your Android phone.
In the world of smartphones, Android is one of the latest additions. From the day it was launched by Google, there has always been a competition between the Apple iPhone and the Android. It is one of the best quality and sophisticated phones in the world, and it is quite expensive too. The best part about the Android phone is, you can customize it according to your need. Just like your PC or laptop, you can add various software and applications and make your phone the most convenient gadget that you can carry all the time. There are millions of apps for your Android in the market; here you will get to know about a few of the most popular ones.
The apps that are available in the intent for your Android can be categorized according to their usages. Here are some of the categories. You may be a little disappointed about discussion being a little smaller in size, but it is not possible to talk about millions of apps within this small space. The categories that you will get to know about are,
These tools will allow you to share your photos, messages, music and many more. You can also share your Facebook, Twitter and other social networking site messages and updates. The apps which will come under this category are, AndMade Share, Foursquare, Glasncee, Google+, Path, Linkedin, and Whatsapp Messenger. These apps will provide different facilities, starting for photo sharing, business, social networking and even messaging people. The messenger app will allow you to send instant message to any smartphone. So, unlike Blackberry, you won’t have to depend upon the friends who own a certain kind of phone.
The entertainments apps that you will get to know about here are, Tunein Radio Pro, Adele, 7 Digital Music Store, ESPN Goals, Shazam, Sky Go, Spotify, and Ted. These apps will help you to listen to your favorite radio station, keep track of the tours of your favorite musician, share the news and post comment about the star, remembered the song that you are not being able to remember, keep track of the football game and the upcoming technologies and even you can watch TV. In short, you are getting almost every kind of entertainment through your Android.
Games are one of the biggest part of any smartphone and Android is no difference. The best game apps that you can install to your Android are, Angry Birds Rio, Flick Soccer, Fruit Ninja, Grand Theft Auto III, Whale Trail, Minecraft, Tank Hero, Words with Friends, World of Goo and many more. These apps are providing you with some of the cutting edge games in the market.
The apps which will satisfy your reading habit, be it fiction or business news or just news are the following ones, The Cat in the Hat, The Guardian, BBC News, Pulse News.
The lifestyle apps can tell you about the latest fashion trends and help you to save fuel. Some of such apps are, AA Eco Drive, Androidify, Buildapp, Google Maps, Jamie’s 20 Minute Meal and such.
The shopping tools can be really helpful for finding new grocery items to apps. Such apps are, Barclay’s Pingit, Appsfire, and Amazon Mobile for Android, Tesco Groceries and many more.
The tools which will make your Android more easy and convenient are, Advanced Task Killer, Dropbox, Opera Mini, Google Docs and many more.
There are many more apps and you can find then in the internet quite easily.
If you are thinking about selling your Android phone, then you have to be careful. It is not like selling the phones that you used before. Selling an Android phone is quite complicated matter. you have to follow certain steps and make sure that no details about you or nothing confidential is there in the phone. You must ensure that the phone will never create any problem for you in future and only then you should be selling it. Here you will get to know about the steps that you should follow before selling the phone. This way, you can avoid loads of complications in the future. The steps are,
- You have to be very careful about the micro SD card that is there in the phone. This is the storage space which allows you to store the important things like music, photos and documents. First make a copy of all the files in the card, and then erase the files from the card. It is always a better option, not to give the card to the buyer, because there is always something that can be recovered even after you have erased the card. So, you cannot eliminate the vulnerability.
- It is always better, if you reset the phone before selling it. There is always a recovery switch in the phone, pressing which will ensure that all the apps and software other that the default ones will be erased. This is a better option as the buyer is getting a phone that he or she can customize, and you won’t have to worry about leaving anything behind.
- The SIM card is one of the most important things in the phone and that is why you have to take care of this matter too. Your SIM will have a lot of personal data and all your contacts, and you will definitely like to share those things with anyone. So, when you are selling your phone, make sure that it does not have the SIM. You are selling the phone not the SIM. So, remove the SIM card before handing over the phone.
- You need to deactivate your phone before you are selling it. You are definitely going to buy a new phone and you will need to activate that against the SIM you have. So, inform the service provider and deactivate the phone.
After ensuring these things, you are ready to sell the phone. If you cannot approach any of your friends or colleagues or a stranger for that matter, then you have to think of other options to sell your phone. You can put an ad in the local newspaper or you can put the same ad in the websites which deal with such matters. This way, you won’t have to approach anyone individually, yet you are going to get buyers. In this context, another advice will not be too out of the place; never sell your phone to the first buyer who approaches. Do not say no also, try to bargain and buy some time. Even if you need the money urgently, then also talk to a few of the buyers. This way, you will be able to land a profitable deal.
Everything in this world comes with some advantages and disadvantages, and you have to accept that. Android has helped the new age smartphones to gain popularity, reliability and better application, but that does not mean it is free from cons. If you are buying an Android powered phone, then it is indeed better to gather all the possible information in this matter. This way, you will get acquainted with the pros and cons of the device. After going through the info, it will become easier for you to decide and you will end up taking a better decision than before. Here you will get a list of all the advantages and disadvantages of an Android phone. Hope, it will help you in your deal.
The pros of an Android phone are,
- Most of the Android phones have a removable battery and that is why you can buy extra battery and use them in the time of need.
- All of these phones will allow you to put in a SD card and this way, you can expand the memory of the phone quite a bit. This will help you to keep your favorite songs, videos and photos. It will also allow you to download apps and files without worrying about clogging the memory.
- You can use multiple apps in the Android at the same time. It is more like a PC.
- The Android phone will provide you with excellent quality integration of the various Google apps.
- There is no need to go through any approval process for using any app in your Android phone.
- The amount of the applications in the market for the Android is a few millions. It will provide you with much more options that you can imagine.
- The spell check application will provide you with multiple word completion option and will make typing a lot easier.
- An Android offer seven home screen pages, which is way more than the other smartphones available in the market.
- The market for the Android accessories is quite big. So, you can have loads of options and you will get the accessories quite easily.
The cons of an Android phone are as follows,
- The screens of most of the Android phones are smaller than the other smartphones available.
- All of the models do not come with a physical keyboard and that is why typing can become quite tough.
- The camera of the Android phone does not capture very good quality picture. So, the photos that you are capturing which your Android, may not be that good.
- An Android phone does not come with automatic sync system with your PC or Mac. So, you have to opt for manual syncing.
- Some of the models have slow processing speed. It can result into slow typing and slow use of the applications.
- There are various models of phones that come with Android and that is why, you may have to face difficulty while searching for a certain accessory for your phone.
After going through the pros and the cons, the picture will become a lot clearer to you and it will help you to choose better.
An Android phone can be your dream gadget, but it has a problem. It is not a very serious one, but it can be quite tough for you. The problem is within a few months of buying your Android phone, you will discover that there is a new version of the OS you are using. Now, an Android is quite expensive a phone and that is why you cannot afford to buy one at regular intervals. So, you have to think about other options which will help you to keep up with the latest versions, yet you won’t have to buy a new phone.
For upgrading phones, it is better to have a sneak peek on the available options first. As you have upgraded the OS of your PC from Windows 7 to Windows 8, you can upgrade the OS of your phone. You have to follow some steps and you will get the latest OS and a bunch of new facilities. The steps are described below.
- If you are attempting to upgrade your phone, you should be doing that at your own risk. If you are taking the help of an expert, then there is nothing to worry, but if you are not an expert an attempting it, then you have to take extra care. Simple mistakes can cause bigger problems.
- You have two major choices when it comes to upgrade your phone. These are two of the best Android firmware developing community and they are CyanogenMod and MIUI. You can opt for the firmware prepared and released by these communities. If you want to opt for any other unofficial choice, then you should be responsible for what you are doing.
- At the very first you have to root your phone. This is a procedure in which you are to unlock the security settings of the phone to prevent the OS from getting altered. You can check GingerBreak for the convenient options for rooting your phone.
- Then you have to create a backup for the current firmware you have and all the data in the phone. This way, you won’t lose anything important and if somehow the upgrade does not work, you can easily get back to the former firmware.
- When you are installing the apps, you have to be quite careful. If you are using CyanogenMod, then you have to install the default Google apps separately, because the firmware does not include the apps that are per-installed in the Android phones. If you are installing the MIUI firmware, then you won’t have to think about these things.
- It is very important that you install the firmware that is prepared for your Android phone. There is a different firmware for different models of the Android. So, you have to find out the one which is compatible with your phone and install it. This way, you can free from the unnecessary hazards.
- After the upgrade is complete, you have to check if everything is alright and your Android phone is functioning properly. Now, you can enjoy your old phone in a new way.
Following these steps will help you achieve your goal, but do not become too careless or you may have to pay heavily for it.
Apps or applications are the software that allows you to loads of facilities that your phone normally cannot offer you. There are millions of apps in the market for an Android phone. If you search the internet, you will get to know all about them. Among these apps some are free of cost, which means you need not have to pay any money for using these apps. Some other apps are there which are not so expensive, but you have to pay for using them. If you search then, you will find that there are some apps which can be put in the same category. You may decide for yourself which app is best for you, but a guide can help you more in this matter.
The free apps guide
All the apps are available on Google Play. This is sort of an online store by Google where you can find all about the apps and also the apps. You can easily download them from there, or if you want, you can download them from other websites as well. Loads of software developers are developing different apps and offering them to the world. You are getting to use them and you life is becoming easier. Downloading the apps is quite easy. You just have to download the app, install it and you are ready to go.
All you have to do, is to make sure that the apps you are downloading are for free. If you are not sure whether the app is free or it is going to cost you money, then you better check other websites. This way, you will be able to find all about the app. In this context another suggestion will be apt, and that is, apps are free or easily available, but that does not mean you have to use all of them. It will be better, if you download and install only those apps which you need and which you will use. Now, you will get to know about some of the best free apps for your Android.
- Best ones for home and office are, Google Drive, Kingsoft Office, Documents to go, Adobe reader, Cool Reader, Alarmdroid, Springpad, Astrid Task, Expense Manager, Wikipedia, Google Translate, Cube Calculator. These will help you to read PDF files to create a budget for yourself.
- Best image and multimedia tools are, QuickPic, Photoshop Express, CamCard Lite, CamScanner, MX Player, QQ Player, TTPod, Winamp, YouTube, IMDb Movies, and Gmote 2.0. With these apps you can take and manage pictures and play music files.
- The free disc and file tools are X-plore File Manager, App 2 SD Free, Dropbox, File Locker, and 1Tap Cleaner. You can manage your files and disc space and also create online backups for your phone.
- Free security and internet apps are Lookout, Avast, Application Protection, KeePassDroid, Gallery Lock, Opera Mini, Google Chrome, Skyfire, Gmail, K-9 Mail, Flipboard, Google Reader, Google Search, Google Goggles, and Google Maps.
- Free game apps are, PapiJump, Fruit Slice, Angry Birds, Pinball, Bubble Blast, Jewels, Mouse, Bebbled, Chess, Talking Tom Cat Free, Paper Toss
Apart from these, there are many more apps. You can use any of them. These are some of the most popular and used of all the apps in the Android world.
The title of this piece of writing may surprise you a little, but people who are using Android phones for quite some time; they will understand the significance of it. If you are getting your first Android phone, then you must know, it is just like your PC and that is why you need to protect it. As your PC is vulnerable to the malwares, so is your Android. That is why you have to arrange for the security of the expensive phone you have bought. As you use anti-spyware and antivirus in your PC, you have to use one in your Android.
Antivirus is software which protects your PC or Android from the harmful software which moves there in the cyber space. If you are thinking how such a harmful thing can get into your phone, then you have to remember that, the Android you are using is sort of a substitute for the laptop or PC. You browse the internet and you download files if required. The malware can get into your Android, from any of the above mentioned sources. It can harm the software and the OS of your phone. So, you have to be careful and you also have to arrange for some security. That is where the antiviruses will come into use.
There are various such programs in the market and you can get any of them for your phone. Some of the antivirus programs are free and some you have to buy. Though there is not much difference between the programs you are getting for free and the ones you have to buy, still people tend to think the later type of programs are more powerful. If you are not sure which antivirus to opt for, then you can ask your friends and colleagues, you can also ask an expert. Here you will get to know about some antiviruses, which can help you in this matter.
- Kaspersky is one of the best security systems for your PC and it is equally effective for your Android. In comparison to other anti spywares which are available in the market for the Android, Kaspersky has proved to be better. It is available for free and for money. The lite version is free and it offer anti-virus, basic anti-theft protection and filer the calls and SMSs according to your requirement. The paid version offers a powerful version of all the above facilities. Along with that it offers, cloud based app scans and privacy protection. The price is also quite low.
- Lookout is another well known anti-virus program and provides security to your Android. The basic version of this anti-spyware comes for free and it offers anti-virus, phone finding and backup utility facilities. You can opt for the premium version too. It will offer the more powerful version of the same facilities.
- F-Secure is the other anti-spyware program that you can opt for. You have to go the site of F-Secure and buy it. Along with all the regular facilities of an anti-virus, it allows parental control of the apps. It may be a bit tough to put this one into the phone of your teenage boy or girl, but if you can manage it, you can control your kid.